Day 290 - July 18

It's starting to look like the Bering Sea crossing won't happen. My Nome contact is dealing with his mothers death and my paddling partner and I aren't getting anywhere on the negotiating part for the fishing boat that would shadow Thom Ely and me across the sea. Although I'd like to see it happen, if it doesn't I won't lose too much sleep over it. Anyway, I'm off and paddling. If I'm lucky and the weather holds I should be at the Bering Sea (Kotlik)by August 10 at the latest. Maybe Nome by the 18th. Start up in Whitehorse, YT by the 21st or 22nd and back in Skagway by the end of August or Labor Day. Hooray! I'm really looking forward to the end of this journey. If I ever do something like this again it will have to be for a gazillion dollars or Kirsten Dunst. One of the two. Don't know when I'll be able to check in again but when I can, I will.

Keep on howling everyone! Owooooooooooooooooooooh! Wheat